Business Conduct & Ethics
Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of hydrocarbons, our strategy is to own and operate long-life, low-cost, expandable, upstream assets. Wherever we operate we do so with integrity - making the right decisions and doing things the right way. The AME Code of Business Conduct and Ethics is intended to provide an effective and comprehensive guidepost regarding the Company's expectation for ethical behavior, and sets the standard for our commitment working with integrity and provides guidance for our employees as well as to our various stakeholders.
Our Way Of Doing Business
As an oil and gas exploration and production company more than fifty years of age, AME is well aware of its responsibilities and attitudes. These are crystallized within the company’s code of business conduct and ethics. Our Code of Conduct has two main aims: First, it encourages all our employees to take responsibility for his or her actions, and it seeks to provide them with clear guidance on how to proceed. Second, the code outlines the principles which guide the business activities of AME. It describes the principal ideas of AME’s business ethics and is intended to assist all employees in meeting high standards of personal and professional integrity.
Values And Priorities
Our values underpinning our way of doing business are at the core of our management system. They drive our performance and guide us in how we do business and how we work together and towards external stakeholders. Our reputation stems from our four core values: open, respect, responsibility and accountability.
We Are Open...
- AME respect the law at all times.
- AME maintain healthy and transparent relationships with state authorities, administrative bodies and public officials.
- We are against any behaviour which causes inappropriate influence over our stakeholders.
- AME condemn any form of bribery and corruption.
- We maintain that our business decisions are fair and objective.
We Are Accountable...
- At AME, our employees are expected to avoid any action or behaviour which could create even the perception that such behaviour is unethical, illegal or otherwise improper.
- We seek to be vigilant to potential conflicts between personal interests and that of our company.
- AME is committed to maintain reliable and accurate financial records and reports for the Company.
- As a legal obligation, we ensure that effective internal accounting and operating controls are maintained.
- We expect all of our contractors, sub-contractors, intermediaries and agents acting on behalf of AME to follow the principles of our Code of Conduct.
- At AME, it is strictly prohibited to steal property or confidential information. The company forbids its employees and contractors from sharing trade secret information without the consent of the company.
- We maintain the confidentiality of confidential information which includes intellectual property such as patents, trademarks, and copyrights, as well as business, marketing and operation plans.
We Are Responsible...
- As an Oil and Gas E&P Company, we drive sustainable solutions and take on economic, ecological and social responsibility.
- Comply with all legislation to protect humans and the environment is one of our basic tenets.
- AME avoids in its fullest form environmental pollution and implements responsible waste management.
- We abide by all legislation and regulations related to the protection of the environment and the handling of dangerous and hazardous materials.
- AME employees shall receive training to be able to work safely and responsibly towards fellow workers and the environment, using the right methods and the right equipment.
- We care and responsible for the well-being our employees and ensure to prevent work related illness and to promote health and work life balance.
- AME always act responsibly towards the communities it has engaged.
- AME would strive to improve the communities where it operates.
We Are Respecting
- AME prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender, race, sexuality, nationality, age, disability, ethnic origin, religion or status.
- We respect personal privacy and confidentiality. We do not disclose any personal information relating to individuals unless it is required by law to do so.
- We embrace diversity and respect the personal dignity of our fellow employees.
- AME believes in providing equal opportunities for all employees. The employment of disabled persons is included in this commitment and the recruitment, training, career development.
- We respect human rights and abide by international conventions on human rights including the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- We are committed to developing our employees and providing recognition based on success and achievement.
- We do not tolerate any improper behaviour, abuse or harassment.
Governing the Code
The Code of Conduct applies to all who work for AME and establishes basic principles for creating a positive and responsible working environment for sustainable growth. The governance of the code is exercised through structures of decision making and control functions where managers and supervisors have a responsibility to create and sustain the Code of Conduct and Ethics. All employees need to be directly affected by or involved with a concern encouraged to report and express their concerns regarding any suspected or known violation of this Code. A Guideline for Ethical Decision Making is readily available for how to proceed or one can directly contact AME Ethics Helpline. Whether you are an AME employee, customer, vendor or member of the general public, you may contact the AME Ethics Helpline to report violations of the law or the Code of Business Conduct. Although you may choose to remain anonymous, we recommend that you provide an email address (which may be anonymous) where you may be contacted for follow-up purposes.